Tuesday, July 27, 2010

It is what it is

I just wanted to make this short comment about my blog... I started this to write about my girls and my girls only and as I began to do that I felt like sharing some of my testimony as a mom of three little ones that are very close together. Do I think I have it harder than other moms? NO, but I also don't want to sugar coat anything, other than my three baby girls ☻ As I have opened up about my battles along with the funny stories I have had several mothers come to me thanking me for being honest. Being a mother is the greatest joy one could ever experience, but just because it is a joy does not mean it is easy. I can remember going to Chick Fila and seeing other moms looking so cute in their nice clothes, hair fixed and smiling... I felt so guilty as I tried to smile when really all I wanted to do was lay on the bench and go to sleep!! Looking cute was not words you would use to described me either!! I kept wondering to myself what am I doing wrong? Why can't I have it all together and "look cute" too? The answer took a long time to come but it did come and that is the important thing to remember. I can not do this by myself, it's ok to cry, it's ok to not get dressed every day,it's to not clean the house every week (sometimes) and above all it's ok to let people know YOU ARE NOT SUPER WOMAN, you need help and prayer. As a mother we are not reinventing the wheel and no one is asking us to. I remember when I gave me testimony at the Tomball church and afterwards people came to Chad and I said they were sorry they had no idea I was going through those things... Up to that point I had not shared or allowed my spiritual family to know I needed help or encouragement too. So I decided to incorporate this into my blog too... So if you are reading this and you need someone to call on, I am here!! I will gladly share your load with you and Jesus will too

No comments:

Post a Comment