Tuesday, August 23, 2011

We Love the Library




Not just because it is free, although that is a wonderful benefit!! Our library here by where we live has great children's programs, children's story times and children computers loaded with lots of children's games!! The girls absolutely love getting to go and now that it is right around the corner we go often. And yes we check books out by the dozens!! 21 to be exact on our last visit. I am also going to sing the praises of a blog I follow called Once Upon a Book, here is the link if you want to check it out, http://www.onceuponabook.com. I signed up to follow via email so every week I get emails with the name of a book,  printables that go with the book, crafts and even a Bible verse... ALL FOR FREE!! Did I mention it was FREE???? Seriously one of the most awesome blogs out there if you have young children. It is connected to a blog called Totally Tots, which has some great ideas for younger children. Anyway check it out I think you might like what you find. They have done all the leg work all you have to do is get the book from the library and print out the pages!! The Once Upon a Book is a great add on to our schooling. My girls love to read like most children do and I am trying to encourage that as much as possible! We spend at least 20 min but usually ends up being an hour reading everyday, me reading to them. The older girls have started reading some which is so exciting!! We are doing the ABeka curriculum which so far I really enjoy since my girls love to do papers!. Anyway I wasn't sure if what we were doing was working and I wasn't sure if they were actually learning anything blah blah blah.. All the things you think as a mother but anyway as the lessons have progressed sure enough they are reading and writing, sounding things out. So for now I feel I am doing a good job.... Pray for us if you think of us!! This is a new journey but I feel it's the right one!

No comments:

Post a Comment