Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Introducing Baby Number 3 - Daddy's Girl







I have been recently told that you should not put your children's names on the Internet with their pictures so I will be removing their names and from now on they will be referred to as 1, 2 and 3!! How sad is it that we have to be so careful because of so many predators... Anyway this is about number 3 not anything else!! I like to describe her as the joy of Christmas morning wrapped with the energy and mischievousness of the Tasmanian Devil!! She was quite a surprise to us as the twins were only six months old when I found out I was expecting! I can remember telling my doctor that I felt like I was carrying a miniature horse and it wouldn't stop moving. He assured me she was going to be relatively small.....I knew he really didn't know what he was talking about with this, I was the one providing her a home I knew she was not small!! So the day came for us to meet her and she was absolutely beautiful and weighed almost 9lbs!! She was so mad when she was born I can still remember thinking wow she really has a temper!! Little did I know then how right I was!! I should actually refer to her as daddy's girls, she had him wrapped from the beginning, there was such a connection between the two of them, she loves her daddy so very much. With her we are never really sure what to expect, I have just learned to roll with it! The other day we were at the mall with my mother in law eating lunch. There was a table behind us with two ladies and their two babies. The tables were very close together, the lady's chair and my mother in laws were almost touching and number three is sitting on the corner next to her - they were back back in case you can't get the picture!! I am watching from the other side of the table. The lady picks up her baby and he is looking over her shoulder at number three just smiling. All the sudden number three says "mom" and I can tell by the tone in her voice she is getting ready to embarrass me so I try to ignore her and carry on eating, which did not work..."mom... louder MOM that baby has a really big head mom...Mom why is his head so big?" So I am still trying to ignore her and change the subject but she repeated herself at least three times. If I could have fit under the table I would have crawled under!! I felt so bad, he did have a really big head but I wasn't about to tell the adoring mother!! This is just an example of what she is usually up to! She climbs everything, swings from everything and has no fear. When not pitching a fit she is pure sunshine ☻ as only a mother can say, right? I do believe that she was the missing piece to our family puzzle and I feel so blessed to be her mother. She is just exactly what a child should be and deserves to be, innocent and totally unaware that the world is not a safe place. She is so very loving most of the time and a great playmate for her sisters! She has a wonderful way of making you smile and laugh... especially when she is in trouble!! She is brutally honest so be careful what you ask her..I had said before she could be a future politician... "Number Three why is there water on the floor" Her response " I dunno"(I don't know) "Number three why are you hands wet?" "I dunno" Why is your sister's nose bleeding? "Mom I dunno".. You get the point but on the other hand she is so honest she wouldn't make it as a politician which I am thankful for... Number three did you punch your sister in the face?" "yes" why did you? "I DUNNO" She loves to sing and plays her recorder with me in the band at church! Her dad even lets her play the drums which is her favorite!! I had to include a picture of her pitching a fit! She is the only one of my three that do that and I never thought I would have a child that would!! Little did I know ☻I have heard the saying that children and grandchildren fill the gaps between the generations in a family and I do believe that. She is proof of that, with such a bubbly personality and a beautiful smile! She is my baby girl

No comments:

Post a Comment