Thursday, April 29, 2010

I would like to introduce you to my First Born - Anna


Anna Rebekah is my first born, technically she is not but had I have her myself she would have been the first born. While I totally believe in birth order personalities this does raise the question, are they first born traits because they were first born or are they natural born leaders? I have to go with the second one as nature knew who should have been born first!! Anyway that is not what I am blogging about!!

Anna Rebekah my beautiful leader, mother hen, so very caring of others, always giving and always bossing!! Anna is my big helper even without me having to ask her. SHe constantly cleans up after herself and her sisters, sometimes I make her sit down while the other two clean up, which she does not like! She is a perfectionist, most of the time very neat and loves to do school. We have from the get go called her "Smiley" because she smiled so much when she was a baby and still does. The only down fall of Anna is that she does not require much attention so I have to remind myself that even though she is not asking for it openly she inwardly needs it, making this not hardly a down fall at all!! Anna loves to sing and play the piano which she does every day! She takes one of her books and sets it up on the piano as her "song book", I receive so much joy just listening to her as she sings church songs and she has even made some of her own!!

When Anna was just a baby, only a few weeks old she had a very hard time keeping her milk down. When we took her to the doctor he seemed somewhat alarmed and sent us for a GI scan. It was awful becuase we could not feed her after 8pm the night before but she actually did quite well it was harder on us not feeding her than it was on Anna!! So we took her to the hospital where they gave us that chalky dye stuff that she had to drink so that they could watch it go down her esphogaus. She was so hungry that she just gulped it all down. After she drank it they placed her under the machine and took the exrays, actually I am not sure what they were called. We went home and waited for the results..... patiently. Later that day we received a call from the radiologist and a doctor from the hospital.. Let me insert I did not find the following information out until afterwards as Chad and our parents did not think I could handle the news at that time. They wanted to re test Anna, for free, because they had seen a circle around her esphagus, which was a esophageal hernia that would constrict after she ate causing her to lose her milk also explaining why she was still small. The fix for this to crack her chest open somewhat like when they do open heart surgery with only a 50% chance of survival. The recovery would have been awful not to mention all the other possible long term side affects she would have to go thru. That night was church so we took her and of course had her prayed for, I was just praying they would be able to help us not knowing actually what they had already found. The next day we took her in and repeated the test just as before. And PRAISE THE LORD there was nothing there and it was not long before she stopped spitting or should I say rocketing her meals after she ate!! She is my miracle healing baby!! I love to tell that story and can't wait to one day tell her and she actually understand it!! God is good.
Anna is named after Chad's mother but we spelt it like the Rebekah in the Bible

No comments:

Post a Comment