Wednesday, April 28, 2010

It takes a village to raise a child







I truly believe it takes a village (family) to raise a child! Next to God and His Son, a child's relationship with their grandparents is vital. Not only does it teach them to obey and respect someone other than the parents but it creates a bond that will last their entire lives. I speak this from experience! I love and cherish my grandparents and speak to them at least once a week if not more. I call them when I need prayer or just to talk. When my children were born they were blessed to have all four sets of great grandparents alive AND serving the Lord, what an awesome heritage!!















We spent the day today with Mamaw and the girls had a wonderful time. There is a saying that grandchildren fill the generational gap! The girls had fun running all over Mamaw's yard, swinging, and of course re arranging the rocks in the flower beds!

No comments:

Post a Comment